Are you looking for a unique and thoughtful corporate gift idea? Look no further than cocktail mixers! As the popularity of craft cocktails continues to rise, these non-alcoholic ingredients are becoming an essential part of any home bar. Not only are they a great way to add flavor and complexity to mixed drinks, but they also make for a unique and memorable corporate gift. Whether you're looking to impress clients or show appreciation to your employees, a gift of cocktail mixers is sure to be well-received.
In this article, we'll take a closer look at the benefits of giving cocktail mixers as a corporate gift, and explore some of the different options available.
What Are Cocktail Mixers?
Cocktail mixers are non-alcoholic ingredients used to create mixed drinks. They include mixers such as tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. They are used to add flavor, sweetness, and effervescence to cocktails and are typically combined with a spirit such as gin, vodka, or rum to make a mixed drink.
Cocktail mixers are an essential component of many mixed drinks and can greatly enhance the flavor and overall experience of a cocktail. Some common types of mixers include:
- Sour mix: A combination of lemon and lime juice, simple syrup, and sometimes egg whites, used to add a sour, tangy flavor to cocktails.
- Bitters: A bitter flavoring made from a blend of herbs, roots, and fruits, used to add complexity and balance to cocktails.
- Tonic water: A carbonated water with added quinine, which gives it a bitter flavor. It is often used to make gin and tonics.
- Coke: A carbonated soft drink that is used in many classic cocktails such as the Cuba Libre and the Jack and Coke.
- Juice: Fresh or pre-made juice like orange, cranberry, pineapple, etc. can be used to add sweetness and flavor to cocktails.
- Syrup: Simple syrup, grenadine, and other syrups can be used to add sweetness and flavor to cocktails.
These are just a few examples of the many types of cocktail mixers available.
What is the history of cocktail mixing?
Cocktail mixing has been around for a long time, with the first mixed drinks called "cocktails" appearing in the 18th century. The word "cocktail" comes from the French word "coquetel," meaning "a little egg cup." Back in the day, cocktails were mainly made with spirits, sugar, and water and were considered medicinal, often prescribed by doctors.
As time went on, new ingredients were added to enhance the taste of cocktails, like bitters and syrups. In the 19th century, cocktails started to look like the mixed drinks we know today, with the addition of ingredients like fruit juices and liqueurs.
During the Prohibition era in the US (1920-1933), when the sale, manufacture, and transportation of alcohol were banned, cocktail mixers became more popular as a way to mask the taste of low-quality, bootlegged alcohol. After the end of Prohibition, cocktail culture made a comeback and became a symbol of sophistication and glamor.
Nowadays, cocktail mixing is still considered an art form and mixologists continue to come up with new flavors and techniques. Craft cocktails are becoming more and more popular, and many bars and restaurants now have extensive cocktail menus.
Importance of the quality of cocktail mixers
It’s not just the alcohol, the ingredients are just as important, if not more important. It’s essential to have a good idea about what your cocktail mixer consists of, especially in terms of its sugar and calorie content. Ingredients are what differentiate the end product!
Needless to say, natural and plant-based ingredients are a better choice than artificial flavors. But If you or your friends are in for a treat, you can consider cocktail mixers with little artificial sweeteners.
Buyer’s Guide: Packs of Cocktail Mixers for Your Next Corporate Gift Ideas
When it comes to buying a cocktail mixer as a corporate gift, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, it's important to consider the recipient's tastes and preferences. While some may prefer classic, traditional mixers, others may be more interested in experimenting with unique and unusual flavors. It's also important to consider the occasion and purpose of the gift. If you are looking to impress a new client or show appreciation to a long-time employee, this will help guide your choice of cocktail mixer and packaging.
Another important factor to consider is the quality of the mixer. Not all mixers are created equal, so it's important to choose a reputable brand with a good reputation for quality ingredients and accurate labeling.
In terms of packaging, it's important to present the gift in a way that is both professional and elegant. A sleek and stylish gift box or basket can go a long way in making a positive impression.
Overall, buying a cocktail mixer as a corporate gift can be a great way to show appreciation, build relationships, and make a lasting impression. With a little bit of thought and consideration, you can choose a mixer that is sure to be enjoyed and appreciated by the recipient.
Below are some of the most common cocktail mixers for your reference:
1. Simple syrups
Simple syrups are a type of cocktail mixer used to sweeten and add flavor to mixed drinks. They are made by dissolving sugar in water, and can be flavored with a variety of ingredients such as fruit, herbs, and spices. Simple syrups are a common ingredient in many classic cocktails, such as the Old Fashioned, the Daiquiri, and the Mojito.
Simple syrups are easy to make at home by mixing equal parts sugar and water and heating it until the sugar is dissolved. They can also be purchased pre-made in a variety of flavors. Some popular flavors include vanilla, mint, ginger, and raspberry.
In addition to being used in cocktails, simple syrups are also commonly used in coffee and tea drinks, as well as in cooking and baking.
Simple syrups are a versatile and essential ingredient for any home bar. They add sweetness and flavor to a wide range of mixed drinks and are easy to make. They can be used as a base for many classic cocktails and also can be used in coffee and tea drinks.
2. Sour mixers
A sour mixer is a type of cocktail mixer that is used to add a sour or acidic flavor to mixed drinks. It is typically made with lemon or lime juice and can also include other ingredients such as sugar or other fruit juices. Sour mixers are a common ingredient in many classic cocktails, such as Margaritas, Daiquiris, and Whiskey Sours.
Sour mixers can be purchased pre-made at many liquor stores and supermarkets, or they can be made at home by mixing lemon or lime juice with sugar and water. Some popular variations of sour mix include Orange Sour Mix, Pineapple Sour Mix, Cranberry Sour Mix, and Sour Apple Mix.
It's worth noting that some bars or restaurants use a pre-made, shelf-stable sour mix which is usually high in artificial ingredients and preservatives. To make a healthier, fresher and more natural version of a sour mixer, it's better to make it at home with fresh ingredients.
In summary, a sour mixer is a type of cocktail mixer that is used to add a sour or acidic flavor to mixed drinks, it's commonly made with lemon or lime juice and sugar, and it's used in many classic cocktails such as Margaritas, Daiquiris, and Whiskey Sours. It can be purchased pre-made or made at home with fresh ingredients.
Bitters are a type of cocktail mixer that are used to add a bitter or herbal flavor to mixed drinks. They are typically made by infusing a high-proof spirit with a variety of botanical ingredients such as roots, bark, fruits, and herbs. Bitters are a common ingredient in many classic cocktails, such as the Old Fashioned, the Manhattan, and the Sazerac.
Bitters are traditionally used in small doses, usually a few dashes, as they are quite potent. They are added to balance the sweetness of the other ingredients in a drink. Bitters can be found in a variety of flavors, some popular ones include Angostura, Peychaud's, orange, and chocolate.
Bitters can be purchased at many liquor stores and online retailers, and they can also be made at home by infusing alcohol with a variety of botanical ingredients.
In summary, Bitters are a type of cocktail mixer that are used to add a bitter or herbal flavor to mixed drinks, they are typically made by infusing a high-proof spirit with botanical ingredients, and they are a common ingredient in many classic cocktails such as the Old Fashioned, the Manhattan, and the Sazerac. They can be purchased at many liquor stores and online retailers, and they can also be made at home.
4. Juices and purees
Juices and purees are common ingredients used in cocktail mixing to add sweetness, acidity, and flavor to mixed drinks.
Juices are liquids extracted from fruits or vegetables and are typically used to add a sweet or tangy flavor to cocktails. Some popular juice options for cocktails include orange, lemon, lime, pineapple, cranberry, and tomato.
Purees, on the other hand, are thicker than juices and are made by blending fruits or vegetables into a smooth consistency. They are used to add a richer, more intense flavor to cocktails. Some popular puree options include raspberry, strawberry, and peach.
Both juices and purees can be found at many supermarkets and online retailers and can also be made at home by juicing or blending fruits or vegetables. They are also commonly used in non-alcoholic drinks such as smoothies.
In summary, juices and purees are common ingredients used in cocktail mixing to add sweetness, acidity, and flavor to mixed drinks. Juices are liquids extracted from fruits or vegetables, typically used to add a sweet or tangy flavor to cocktails, while purees are thicker and made by blending fruits or vegetables into a smooth consistency, they are used to add a richer, more intense flavor to cocktails. Both can be found at many supermarkets and online retailers and can also be made at home.
5. Liqueurs and cordials
Liqueurs and cordials are types of sweetened, flavored alcoholic beverages that are often used in cocktail mixing to add sweetness, complexity, and unique flavors to mixed drinks.
Liqueurs are alcoholic beverages that are made by infusing a neutral spirit, such as vodka or brandy, with fruits, herbs, spices, and/or other flavorings. They are typically sweet and have a lower alcohol content than most spirits. Some popular liqueur options for cocktails include triple sec, amaretto, and Kahlua.
Cordials are similar to liqueurs, but are typically made with a base of fruit juice rather than a neutral spirit. They are also often sweeter and have a lower alcohol content. Some popular cordial options include crème de cassis, crème de menthe, and grenadine.
Both liqueurs and cordials can be found at many liquor stores and online retailers. They can also be made at home by infusing a neutral spirit or fruit juice with various flavorings.
In summary, Liqueurs and cordials are types of sweetened, flavored alcoholic beverages that are often used in cocktail mixing to add sweetness, complexity, and unique flavors to mixed drinks. Liqueurs are made by infusing a neutral spirit with fruits, herbs, spices, and/or other flavorings, while cordials are made with a base of fruit juice rather than a neutral spirit, both have a lower alcohol content than most spirits and can be found at many liquor stores and online retailers, and they can also be made at home by infusing a neutral spirit or fruit juice with various flavorings.
6. Carbonated mixers
Carbonated mixers are ingredients that add bubbles and effervescence to cocktails. They are typically made by dissolving carbon dioxide into a liquid, such as water or fruit juice. Some popular carbonated mixers include tonic water, club soda, ginger ale, and lemon-lime soda.
Carbonated mixers are commonly used in cocktails like gin and tonic, rum and cola, and whiskey sour. They can also be used to create sparkling wine cocktails, such as Bellini or Kir Royale.
Carbonated mixers can be found at most supermarkets and liquor stores, and can also be made at home by carbonating water or juice with a carbonation machine.
In summary, Carbonated mixers are ingredients that add bubbles and effervescence to cocktails, they are typically made by dissolving carbon dioxide into a liquid, such as water or fruit juice. They are commonly used in cocktails like gin and tonic, rum and cola, and whiskey sour and can also be used to create sparkling wine cocktails like Bellini or Kir Royale. Carbonated mixers can be found at most supermarkets and liquor stores, and can also be made at home by carbonating water or juice with a carbonation machine.
Most of the cocktail mixers mentioned above are easily found in the following places:
- Specialty liquor stores: Many liquor stores carry a wide selection of cocktail mixers, including both pre-made and homemade varieties.
- Supermarkets: Many supermarkets and grocery stores also have a good selection of basic cocktail mixers in the beverage aisle.
- Online retailers: There are many online retailers that specialize in selling cocktail mixers and ingredients. Some popular options include Amazon, Craftmix, Cocktail Kingdom, and The Bitter Truth.
- Bartender supply stores: Bartender supply stores are where you will be able to find any kind of mixer, however, it's usually for professional use.
How to Choose the Right Cocktail Mixer for Any Situations?
If you really want to choose the right cocktail mixer for any situation, you will need to put in the effort. It could be really tricky because there are so many things to consider. However, there are a few key things that can help make the process easier.
1. Consider the occasion: Different occasions call for different types of cocktails and mixers. For example, a formal event may call for more sophisticated and classic cocktails, while a casual get-together may call for more fun and creative drinks. 2. Think about the audience: Who will be drinking the cocktails? Are they experienced cocktail drinkers or are they new to the world of mixed drinks? This will help you determine which mixers will be most appropriate for the crowd. 3. Take into account the main spirit: The main spirit used in a cocktail will influence the type of mixer you should use. For example, gin goes well with tonic water, while whiskey pairs well with ginger ale or cola. 4. Think about the season: The season can also play a role in choosing the right mixer. For example, in the summer, you may want to use lighter and refreshing mixers, while in the winter, you may want to use more warming and comforting mixers. 5. Experiment and try new things: Don't be afraid to experiment with different mixers and try new things. You never know what you might discover and what new and exciting cocktails you can create.
Personalized Cocktail Mixers
Personalization and customization are important aspects to consider when buying a cocktail mixer as a corporate gift. It makes the gift more thoughtful and shows that you have put in extra effort to make it special for the recipient.
There are several ways to make a cocktail mixer personalized or customized. One way is to add a custom label or branding to the mixer bottle, which can include the recipient's name or the company's logo. Another way is to include a personalized note or message with the gift.
You can also make the gift more personalized by choosing a mixer that is tailored to the recipient's tastes and preferences. For example, if they are a fan of gin, you can get them a bottle of tonic water that is specifically made to pair with gin. Or if they are a fan of spicy drinks, you can get them a bottle of ginger beer.
Giftpack and Craftmix
As an expert in corporate gifting, Giftpack understands the importance of personalized gifts when it comes to building and strengthening relationships, both in business and in personal life. That's why we are excited to have partnered with Craftmix, a company that specializes in customizing and personalizing cocktail mixers. With their help, we are able to offer our clients even more ways to make their gifts truly special and unique.
Through Craftmix, we can offer custom labeling and branding on mixer bottles, with options like the recipient's name or the company's logo. We can also offer a wide variety of flavors and types of mixers that are tailored to the recipient's tastes and preferences.
In addition, our partnership with Craftmix allows us to offer a high level of customization in terms of packaging and presentation. We can create gift sets that include a bottle of mixer, a cocktail recipe book, and even a set of branded glassware, all packaged in a beautiful gift box.
Giftpack's partnership with Craftmix allows us to offer our clients even more ways to personalize their gifts and make them truly special for the recipients. Whether it's custom labeling, a wide variety of flavors, or unique packaging, we can help create the perfect gift for any occasion.
Recipes and ideas for cocktail mixers
Here are a few recipe ideas and suggestions for cocktail mixers that you can use to create delicious and unique drinks:
Classic Margarita: Combine 2 oz of tequila, 1 oz of lime juice, and 1/2 oz of triple sec. Shake with ice and strain into a salt-rimmed glass.
Great for situations below:
- Mexican-themed events: Margaritas are often associated with Mexican cuisine, making them a great choice for Cinco de Mayo parties or other Mexican-themed events.
- Relaxing at home: Margaritas can be enjoyed at home, it’s great for a relaxing night on the couch or a quiet evening.
Moscow Mule: Combine 2 oz of vodka, 6 oz of ginger beer, and 1/2 oz of lime juice in a copper mug filled with ice. Stir and garnish with a lime wheel.
Great for situations below:
- Fall and winter gatherings: Moscow Mules are often served in copper mugs, which can keep the drink cold longer and add a festive touch to fall and winter gatherings.
- Outdoor Parties: The Moscow Mule is a refreshing and summery drink, making it perfect for outdoor parties and BBQs.
Old Fashioned: Combine 2 oz of whiskey, 1 tsp of simple syrup, and 2 dashes of Angostura bitters. Stir with ice and garnish with an orange peel.
Great for situations below:
- After dinner drinks: Old Fashioned is often enjoyed as a digestif, after dinner, it's a perfect way to finish the meal and relax.
- Whiskey lovers’ party: Old Fashioned is a whiskey-based cocktail, making it the perfect choice for whiskey lovers who want to enjoy their favorite spirit in a classic and timeless way.
Pina Colada: Combine 2 oz of rum, 4 oz of pineapple juice, and 2 oz of coconut cream in a blender with ice. Blend until smooth and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Great for situations below:
- Beach Vacations: Pina Colada is often associated with tropical destinations and beach vacations, making it a perfect choice for anyone looking to add a little vacation vibe to their day.
- Pool Parties: Pina Colada is a fun and festive cocktail that is perfect for pool parties. Its tropical flavor and refreshing nature make it a popular choice among guests.
Bloody Mary: Combine 2 oz of vodka, 4 oz of tomato juice, 1/2 oz of lemon juice, and a variety of spices such as Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, and Tabasco. Shake with ice and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a celery stalk and olives.
Great for situations below:
- Brunch: The Bloody Mary is a popular choice for brunch because of its savory and spicy flavors. It's often served as a brunch cocktail to accompany breakfast items.
- Football Sunday: Bloody Mary is a popular choice among sports fans, it's a great drink to enjoy while watching a game.
Bramble: Combine 2 oz of gin, 3/4 oz of lemon juice, 1/2 oz of simple syrup and 1/2 oz of blackberry liqueur. Shake with ice and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a blackberry.
Great for situations below:
- Outdoor parties: The Bramble is a great cocktail to serve at outdoor parties, as it's a refreshing and fruity drink that pairs well with warm weather.
- Weddings: The Bramble is a great choice for special occasions, such as weddings or private parties, as it's a sophisticated and elegant cocktail that can be served to guests.
Tom Collins: Combine 2 oz of gin, 3/4 oz of lemon juice, 1/2 oz of simple syrup and top with soda water. Shake with ice and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a cherry and lemon wheel.
Great for situations below:
- Pre-dinner drinks: Tom Collins is a great palate-cleanser before a meal, as it warms your stomach.
- Formal events: Tom Collins is a classic cocktail that is well balanced and easy to drink, perfect for a sophisticated crowd.
Cosmopolitan: Combine 2 oz of vodka, 3/4 oz of Cointreau, 3/4 oz of cranberry juice and 1/4 oz of lime juice. Shake with ice and strain into a glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Great for situations below:
- Dates: The Cosmopolitan's elegant and sophisticated image makes it a popular choice for romantic dates.
- Upscale events: The Cosmopolitan is often served as a signature cocktail at high-end bars and restaurants, making it a great choice for those looking for a luxurious and refined experience.
When it comes to corporate gifting and choosing the right cocktail mixer, it's important to consider the preferences and tastes of your audience. For example, if you're gifting to a group of young professionals, a classic Margarita or Moscow Mule may be a great choice, as they're popular and well-liked cocktails. On the other hand, if you're gifting to a more mature audience, an Old Fashioned or Bramble may be a better fit, as they are considered to be more sophisticated and elegant drinks.
Tips for making homemade mixers
For those looking to add a personal touch, homemade mixers are a great option. Here are some tips for making your own mixers at home:
- Start with high-quality ingredients. Use fresh fruits, herbs, and spices to create a flavorful and aromatic mixer.
- Experiment with different flavor combinations. Try pairing complementary flavors or experimenting with unique ingredients.
- Be mindful of the sweetener to acid ratio. A good rule of thumb is to use 2 parts sweetener to 1 part acid.
- Sterilize your equipment and bottles before use to ensure a long shelf life.
- Consider labeling your homemade mixers with the ingredients and date made for future reference.
By following these tips, you can create delicious and personalized homemade mixers that will make a great addition to any corporate gift.
Awesome premade cocktail mixers - fruity version from Craftmix
Craftmix is the ultimate solution for delicious and convenient cocktails. Our all-natural, dry blend mixers offer a guilt-free way to enjoy happy hour. With only 25 calories and 5 grams of sugar per drink, our mixers are a healthier alternative to traditional mixers. Whether you're at home or on-the-go, Craftmix's small packets make it easy to enjoy a delicious cocktail anytime, anywhere. Say goodbye to syrupy and artificial mixers, and hello to Craftmix's natural and flavorful options.
Corporate gifting has never been more exciting with the addition of cocktail mixers to the mix. These non-alcoholic ingredients are not only a great way to add flavor and complexity to drinks but also make for a unique and thoughtful gift. The popularity of craft cocktails continues to rise and adding these mixers to any home bar is a must.
Whether you want to impress clients or show appreciation to your employees, a gift of cocktail mixers is sure to be well-received. With so many options available, you can personalize your gift and make it special for the recipient. So, if you're looking for a new and exciting corporate gift idea, consider cocktail mixers and make your next gifting experience a memorable one.
Make your gifting efficient and improve your ROI with Giftpack AI.
Visit our product page to learn more about what we can do for you!